As part of the development of the 2020 Action Plan, which guides the administration of the Statewide Community Development Block Grant Program in New Hampshire, CDFA has proposed policy updates based on data, trends and public participation that will:
- Increase the funds to and capacity for communities to develop, implement and sustain impactful projects.
- Provide additional resources for the development of affordable housing that supports the revitalization of New Hampshire’s downtowns.
- Align economic development tools to better leverage public and private resources to have a positive community impact.
For a comprehensive understanding of the proposed policy updates, please reference the following documents:
- Overview of 2020 Proposed Program Updates (http://nhcdfa.org/document/nsp/95);
- Full draft of the 2020 Action Plan (https://www.nhhfa.org/assets/pdf/2020_Action_Plan_Draft.pdf); and
- Restructured CDBG Application and Program Guide (http://nhcdfa.org/document/nsp/56).
Participation by key stakeholders in the program updates is critical and ongoing. To those of you who participated in our process and provided experienced counsel thus far – thank you. Immediate opportunities for further engagement on the 2020 Action Plan include a public hearing that will be held on October 1, 2019 from 2:00 to 4:00 PM in the Board Room of New Hampshire Housing (32 Constitution Drive, Bedford, NH) and/or submit feedback to email@example.com.